Getting Rid of Black Mold in the Basement

Fire damage

The U.S. had over 360,000 residential building fires in 2010. That represents a lot of structural, water and smoke damage that has to investigated and repaired. If you experience any kind of fire or water damage, finding the proper disaster clean up company can help alleviate the stress of a bad situation.

While we might think of the structural and fire damage that is visible, sometimes it is the water damage that causes the most loss of property value. If it is not addressed immediately, you can risk further ruin. When you have excess water or moisture, you can develop black mold in basements that can ultimately create a health issue.

For most people storing household items in the basement, the cardboard boxes and fibrous wall boards can be a magnet for mold growth. These potentially toxic molds can irritate lungs and allergies for people throughout the house. Black mold health effects can wreak havoc on those with compromised immune systems and need to be eradicated immediately.

Finding a basement mold removal service coupled with basement water removal is fairly straightforward with a little bit of due diligence. You should analyze consumer review sites to determine which firms are most efficient and experienced in removing the black mold in basements. Oftentimes, you might find that friends and colleagues can be an excellent source of referrals.

When you settle on several highly recommended services, you should schedule immediate consultations so that they can visit your basement or building to assess the damage. Make sure that they have access to all parts of the basement and the surrounding structure. They may have to account for water removal prior to looking at any mold and milder eradication. At this point, it would be a good idea to determine timelines and costs required. You do not want to have any surprises as they begin work. See this link for more references.

One Reply to “Getting Rid of Black Mold in the Basement”

  1. That black mold can be a nasty little health problem. When those spores are released, they can travel anywhere the air in the house takes them.

Comments are closed.